Monday, September 26, 2011

Testing Time

I am walking a moderate speed, making my way to the testing center at 7:30 a.m. this morning. In my hand, I have got several sheets of blank, white notebook paper, two mechanical pencils, an eraser, and a scientific calculator. I am prepared for my math proctored exam. My flip-flops squeak as I stride past the library, past the students lounging in the hall, past the elevator. My rhythm of walking is a match for the beat of my heart.
Step, step, step. Squeak, squeak, squeak. Pound, pound, pound.
I now meet the stairs. A steep incline of stairs I climb. I reach the top and make my way past the computer lab on my right. The fluorescent lighting is gleaming off of the school's tiled floors and the breeze generated from my walk is lifting my hair slightly. I reach the end of the hall and glance to my right, then glance to my left. No sign of the testing center. I then realize that the testing center is on the ground level. I rotate around, retrace my footsteps back and make my way to the testing center. I finally find the testing center, where I will be taking my proctored assigned exam. A friendly staff member greets me at a desk, where I am to check in on a computer. I type in my student I.D., click the class I am testing for, and Log In. The friendly lady recites the instructions; she must have said these rules several times, for several different students. Yet, she says them to me in a nice and polite way. I am handed the two-paged test, make a bee-line to the nearest seat, and readily begin the test. Throughout the test, I erase multiple times, use my calculator several times. I am finally finished with this much anticipated test. I turn it into a new staff member; she is just as nice as the first one, maybe a few years younger. I am pleased with my test and feel positive that I did well on it. I am also in a happy mood to have been treated so well at the school. The trip for my proctored exam was a good one!


September 26th, 2011

2 comments:

  1. Yes I have been there also. Except my experience was more like this. As I walk towards the proctored location my heart beats ever faster and I feel death near. I hate proctored exams. They drive me nuts because I am too much of a perfectionist. I know, I just need to relax but good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete