Wednesday, September 7, 2011

This I Believe Free Writing

I believe "12) that movies are my escape from reality"

When I watch a movie, I completely wrap (?) myself into the movie... I completely shut off the world around me and become apart of this two hour movie I am watching. And this is especially true when I am at a movie theater and I am surrounded by blackness, but watching this big, wide screen infront of me that is playing a movie that I was wanting to see for so long. I become intangled to this movie. The characters are my friends, the main character or whoever stands out to me is me and such. I take in all of that movie: the surroundings of the characters, the sounds, the music, the camera angles, the plot, the names, the acting - are the actors good? or are they acting like they are acting.??? An actor must be acting persuasively.. and for me that is really getting into that roll. they have to make this role their own. their emotions must be intact with their character. what facial expressions would the character do? when body movements would the character do? what look in the eye, does it make me feel and believe that you are the character or that you just came off of the street and are filming a short 2 week film just to make a movie to make money. you must be passionate!

Looked at my timer... 5 minutes and I lost complete track of my first initial thought. I am sitting in the theater, the Campbell to be exact, and am sitting in a isolated, yet not too-far-away from anyone location... and I am watching this movie. I am so estatic that I finally get to see this awaited movie, and ready for this "ride"... the movie starts and I squeal... "here we gooooo!!!!" and we're off. I eat my Mike N Ikes and drink my used to be Sprite but sometimes Cherry Pepsi. and I sit there in my chair, leaned back at just the right, most precisely comfortable position to enable my most pleasurable experience and I am watching this screen and getting into everything on it. the opening credits with the bouncy feel good music and the text flying by and the build up to a great or maybe not ride. sometimes I am so focused on just the story and not of the details like the characters names, and such. but sometimes that doesnt matter and then sometimes it does... like when one character is refrencing another by their name and all i can think is "who is __!??!? why didnt I remember who was ___?" but that is ok. its not the names that make this story a story.. it is the feeling the music the camera angels and such the graphics the lighting the colors the scenes oh boy is it the scenes the beautiful places and such. Ok have 30 seconds left to say that being in the movie theater is completely one of the best things to me and I wish I could go once a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment