Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wrinkled Hands

They say looking at someone's hands will tell how old they are. Their hands will be a "story book" of their life, each wrinkle telling a story. Small, purple bruises can indicate old age while soft, smooth skin can indicate youth.

My hands give false information.

By first glance of my hands, my age could be assumed as late 20's, early 30's; by looking at my knuckles, I could be late 30's. My hands present smoothness, but my knuckles are the liars. With many, many small lines and puffiness, my knuckles look almost twice my age. My hands have always been on the older side.

So, in my case, a person can't always judge another one's age by only the hands alone.

How did my hands get to be so old? Was it often times that I cracked my knuckles, the cold winter months that dried my hands, or washing them often? Or maybe the sunburns that left my hands burnt to crisps (just another reason sunscreen is important!).

Needless to say, I do not like the look of my hands all the time. I am in no way saying that older age is ugly, because it is not (and so many people have proven this). But rather it is the puffiness and stiffness of my hands that gets me upset. Not only do my hands look older, but feel older too.



September 22nd, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment