Thursday, October 6, 2011

Reflection Post

Throughout this assignment, I have noticed a few different things.
On a writing and student level, I feel that this assignment has slightly improved my fluency (though I still feel that I have a lot of work in this area). But as the journaling passed, day by day, the writing came very slightly easier. However, as the days passed, I had a hard time thinking of what to write about. It wasn't because I don't think, because I do and I am a person who spends a lot of my time in my head, but I think it was because it was apart of the assignment, to write everyday. How might I change this assignment would to maybe assign at least 3 writings per week.

There are beyond several journal prompts out there, but when it came time to sit down and actually type it up, then that is when I drew a blank. And that is another thing. Typing versus writing. I am used to physically writing in my journal and am certainly not used to typing up my thoughts. So that was a change I had to jump into (but I have not yet gotten used to it).

I did like this assignment. I wouldn't say that it was easy, because as I stated above, there were challenges for me. But it was fun. It was a great break away from the text-book learning in my other classes, which I very much appreciated!

I liked using Blogger and am happy that this assignment was for this website. I hadn't noticed before this assignment how many creative options Blogger gives to personalize a person's blog.

So, all-in-all, I hope that Ms. A continues with this assignment for future students, because it may help other students as it did me. For the most part, this assignment got me thinking outside of the box (like the text-book studying, for example) and into a creative world.

1 comment:

  1. You are right - fluency is an ongoing process. This assignment give you just a bit of that experience. I am always happy to read that students are pushed to think. Thinking is a very good thing. This is a nice reflection. You should be pleased with the body of writing you have created and I hope you will keep it up. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete