Sunday, October 2, 2011

Venting

I try to stay positive, but I have my slips. One of them was today, while I was outside walking.
I noticed a great amount of litter strung out along the side walk and road and it made me mad at people in general.
I think to myself "why can't people (not everyone) respect the Earth more?".
It really makes me upset that some people are so lazy as to just toss out their soda cans or cigarette butts onto the grass, instead of taking the time to throw it away.

A lot of people, I notice, do not show any respect to others or to the planet. When the planet provides so much for us, why not return the favor? It is no wonder our natural resources are going so fast, when many people do not think twice about wasting so much.
Simple changes would help, too. It does not have to be a huge hassle. Switching to a more environment friendly gas station fountain cup instead of one that will sit in a landfill for years, recycling, reusing a plastic bag as a trash bag or lunch bag, and walking down the street to the store instead of driving. Just simple, small steps from all of us would help this planet.

One of the things I saw while walking was a broken glass alcohol bottle. There were millions of tiny shards laying there on the sidewalk. Why in the world would someone get the idea that breaking a glass bottle is fun, let alone on public property? How immature are they! I feel I am surrounded by a bunch of idiotic morons. (Again, I am not talking about everyone).
The maturity of some people just floors me. If a person is going to be stupid and break a glass bottle, the least they could do is do it on their own property, not where dogs roam and could eat it.



October 2nd, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment