Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Maroon 5

Maroon 5 used to be one of my favorite bands (when the only two albums I had were Songs About Jane and It Won't Be Soon Before Long). I found a lot of their lyrics to be honest, true, and deep. The music was fun and addicting. Let's take "The Sun", from their 2002 album Songs About Jane. The lyrics "and I cannot remember what life was like through photographs..." and "trying to recreate images life gives us from our past and sometimes it's a sad song..." are spot on to how I feel sometimes. The music part of this song is a relaxed, laid back feel to it. For me, this song (the whole album for that matter) is 1 million times better than the recent songs by Maroon 5. "Moves Like Jagger" and "Payphone" seem very generic, lazy, and thrown together. They seem as though not much work, thought, or effort went into creating these songs. I guess Maroon 5 had to keep up with what the majority of people like... which I guess is generic, uncreative songs about sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment