Sunday, July 15, 2012

Trying Out Salon Effects

I recently tried out (for the first time) the Sally Hansen Salon Effects. What these are are real nail polish strips. There are certain steps to follow in order to ensure the nail polish strips correctly attach to the nail. The hardest part of the steps, I found, was the last step. The step is to file off the excess strip after attached to your nail. Any way that I tried to file it off, it would not file off. So what I ended up doing was gently tearing the excess off. I looked for some reviews for this product, and also noticed other people had the same problem that I did-that the excess strip would not file off.

The price that I paid was around $9. I think that that is a reasonable price for a salon-looking strip. But I honestly would not suggest buying this product for a one-color look that you can achieve with nail polish.

I chose the Girl Flower design, in which I must say I really, really like the design. The bold, bright colors and the flowers are beautiful. I am pleased with how they turned out, but it took me almost 2 hours to get the strips on. Maybe it took me that long because I usually do not paint my nails (the number of times I have painted my nails total in my life could be counted on two hands, probably).

There are a few other designs that I like and might try.



The design on the left is the Girl Flower design I chose. Beautiful, huh?









No comments:

Post a Comment